Application Deadline: 11:59PM Pacific Time, 31 March 2017.
In Spring 2017, EASST will have its 6th yearly Visiting Fellowship application. The EASST Visiting Fellowship tries to prepare East African social researchers with the abilities expected to complete thorough assessments of social or monetary improvement extends in East Africa. Amid a four-month cooperation, scientists will be based at the University of California, Berkeley amid the Fall scholarly semester (around August 20 – December 20, 2017).
Chosen colleagues can review courses, display research works, go to workshops, create educational program and outline community oriented research ventures.
Qualified possibility for all EASST programs must:
Be an occupant of an East African nation taking an interest in EASST (i.e. Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, or Uganda);
Have a PhD or Master’s degree (finished inside the most recent 8 years) or be selected in a PhD program in financial matters, measurements, the study of disease transmission/general wellbeing, or another sociology teach;
Hold a staff position at an exploration foundation, college or other association in East Africa, ideally one that backings arrangement applicable, quantitative sociology examine;
Have partaken in or have nature with effect assessment examine (either randomized or semi trial studies) and econometrics;
Have taken an interest in field-based information accumulation and thorough observational research/investigation;
Be PC educated, acquainted with programming projects, for example, STATA or R, familiar with English, and a solid open speaker;
Plan to come back to an exploration foundation in East Africa for no less than 1 year after the partnership; and
Exhibit a promise to building the limit of African research foundations/colleges.
Candidates keen on irresistible infections, ladies’ strengthening, farming, or computerized credit will be given inclination
Amid the association time frame, going to analysts will:
• Participate in workshops and meetings on research in social and financial advancement;
• Present their own particular work amid classes and workshops;
• Audit courses, including thorough doctoral-level workshops in effect assessment;
• Carry out an autonomous research extend under the mentorship of employees. Tasks can utilize existing information for review investigation or set-up a review plan for future information accumulation;
• Meet and work together with personnel or understudies in various scholastic divisions;
• Design affect assessment educational program that will be instructed at an East African establishment;
• Participate in approach spread by adding to strategy briefs, going to gatherings with policymakers and partners, and showing at occasions;
Fruitful competitors must:
• Demonstrate solid quantitative aptitudes, with past coursework in financial matters or measurements.
• Demonstrate an enthusiasm for thorough program assessment, arrangement examination, and small scale level field information accumulation.
• Demonstrate a pledge to drawing in strategy producers and dispersing research discoveries.
• Submit an unmistakable and inventive research proposition to assess a particular open strategy or program, utilizing sway assessment procedures.
Colleagues get a living stipend, round-excursion economy class air go to Berkeley, CA, and the chance to get seed financing advance effect assessment at their home foundation in East Africa.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the EASST Visiting Fellowship 2017/2018