Deakin University in Australia is offering full/partially funded scholarships to undergraduate and postgraduate students for the 2017/2018 academic year. Applicants regardless regardless of where they come from will have to show that they meet admission requirements for Deakins courses plus English language proficiency too.
Applicants must meet the following requirements before applying for scholarship:
Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diplomas:
Applicants applying for entry into a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma course must have:
- An approved three-year undergraduate degree, or equivalent, from an approved university or other educational institution; or
- Equivalent qualifications gained by examination or relevant professional or industrial expedience.
Masters degree by coursework:
Applicants applying for entry must have completed at least a three-year undergraduate degree, or equivalent, of an acceptable standard from an approved university or other educational institution.
Masters degree by research
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree with honours (second class and above) from a recognised tertiary institution in an appropriate discipline for which the University can provide the required supervisory expertise.
- Applicants are encouraged to contact Deakin University faculty staff to discuss research areas of interest before submitting an application.
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree with honours (second class and above) or a master’s degree by research from a recognised tertiary institution in an appropriate discipline for which the University can provide the required supervisory expertise.
Fields of study
All undergraduate and Postgraduate programs at Deakin University, Australia
What the scholarship covers
- Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship: 100% or 50% tuition fees, bookshop voucher and Vice-Chancellor’s Professional Excellence Program.
- Postgraduate Course Fee Bursary: 10% fee reduction
- Master of Business Administration Global Leader’s Scholarship: 20% student tuition fee bursary.
- Master of Laws (LLM) Scholarship: $10,000 tuition fee bursary.
- Deakin Law School LLM Vietnam Partner Bursary: 100% tuition fee bursary.
- SEBE China and Sri Lanka Partner Bursary: 10% tuition fee bursary.
- Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (ICAS): $5199 per year.
- Cyient Australia Scholarships in Engineering: Up to $10 000
- Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship: 100% student contributions, $5000 cash per year and Vice-Chancellor’s Professional Excellence Program
- The Archie and Hilda Graham Foundation Award: Cash payment up to $5000
- Westpac Bicentennial Foundation Young Technologist Scholarships: Cash payment of $5000 per year
- Dr (Aunty) Mary Atkinson Scholarships: All student contributions (tuition fees)
- Associate Degree of Education and Associate Degree of Arts Scholarships: Cash payment of $500
- Indigenous Access Scholarships: Cash payment of $4904
- Wainscott Financial Scholarship: Cash payment of $7500 per year
- Deakin Scholarship for Excellence: Cash payment or tuition fees of $5000 per year
- Deakin International Scholarship: 25% student tuition fee bursary
- Deakin funded scholarship program: Various amounts on offer
How to apply
The mode of application is either online, by mail, in person or through a representative. Applying online is the fastest and easiest way. When applying online, you do not need to pay the application fee. Before applying, student will need to find out the details of their:
- Previous studies (including course name and institution, duration and qualification obtained)
- Current studies (including course name and institution, duration and expected date of completion)
- English language proficiency and/or results of recent English language testing
- (If applicable) employment history (including employer’s name, dates and description of work carried out).
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for Trimester 1, 2017 is 30 October 2016