About 60 doctoral scholarships will be given out to young scientists by the German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU) to carry out research in the field of Environmental protection. Scholarships are awarded for three years. Each scholarship is initially awarded for a period of up to one year. After reviewing the progress of work is usually an extension of one year each. The deadline for scholarship application is 01.03.2014.
In addition to project funding maintains the German Federal Environmental Foundation, a Fellowship Programme for young scientists. Lower be supported students at German universities. In this way, one should in Environmental issues particularly competent generation of scientists to be established. Highly qualified young scientists who research topics with clear loading Edit train on current environmental and conservation issues and their work contribute to the solution of these problems are under-doctoral fellowships supported. Environmental problems are characterized by their high complexity, so that their solution, an interdisciplinary cooperation of various Wissenschaftsbe-requires rich. Therefore, the scholarship program is aimed specifically DBU to qualified applicants from all disciplines / fields of study and supports the special interdisciplinary research topics.
- You have not yet started your doctoral thesis.
- An institutional support is excluded as also a concentration on a larger range of topics (pooling of individual applications) without prior reconciliation with DBU.
- Incomplete and late applications (received after the deadline) cannot be considered.
- The application must be written in German.
- We expect good skills of German from foreign applicants to allow their integration into the DBU scholars’ network.
- Besides an above-average degree, the chosen topic is expected to be of high relevance and should contribute to solving problems in environmental and conservation efforts.
- Generally, all environmental issues are welcome who meet the above-mentioned criteria, i.e. in addition to the natural sciences and engineering, also applications from the social sciences, humanities, economics and law. Interdisciplinary topics that support a sustainable development are especially welcome.
- The refusal of an application excludes from further attempts.
What the scholarship covers
- The amount of the scholarship is from June 2009 monthly €940. In addition to Scholarship, a monthly allowance of €210 for material and travel costs (Reimbursement of expenses allowance) paid.
- Fellows with children receive a child allowance. Is the children’s allowance €200 for the first child and an additional €150 for the second and each additional child. Fellows with child / children may, on request in special cases (eg birth and settling into the family of the child) disease a family break-einletions in which the DBU scholarship rests.
Field of study/research
Scholarship is awarded to pursue a research program in Environmental protection at German universities
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Click here for more information on how to apply.
Scholarship application deadline
The deadline for scholarship application is 01.03.2014.