Application Deadline: 15 February 2017
Dancing on the Edge is putting forth grants to capable artists from Arab nations and Iran to go to a late spring dance workshop program in Amsterdam. Dancing on the Edge (DOTE) is the main association in the nation developed to fortifying imaginative trade in the fields of contemporary dance , theater, and multi-media with the Middle East and North Africa. The grant program is offered in a joint effort with Henny Jurriëns Foundation (HJS). HJS is the most conspicuous move preparing foundation for expert level artists in The Netherlands. Hover and HJS have been working together since 2012 to offer grants.
The program for which the grants are given is known as the Amsterdam Summer Intensive. Amid a three week long program (8-28 July 2017), artists can take procedure classes and take an interest in workshops given by instructors speaking to the most vital organizations and styles in today’s contemporary dance world. These have included Eastman/Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, Ultima Vez/Wim Vandekeybus, Akram Khan Company, and numerous others. Artists can likewise go to exhibitions from the bleeding edge Julidans Festival which happens in the meantime. Artists from around 35 distinct nations for the most part go to the program.
• must originate from (and at any rate somewhat situated in) the Middle East/North Africa
• must have in any event a few (and ideally significant) preparing and execution involvement in contemporary dance
• must be no more established than 30 years of age
• must be equipped for voyaging and living freely for this period
• must have enough assets to pay for sustenance and other everyday costs that may happen in this period
• must have or have the capacity to procure wellbeing/travel protection for this period
• are in charge of accomplishing a visa if important (with the assistance of the sorting out gatherings)
The grants take care of travel and visa costs, convenience, program expenses, and some execution tickets.
There is no routine set of expenses; members are relied upon to pay for their own living and different costs.
They ought to likewise buy their own travel/medical coverage.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Dancing on the Edge Scholarship Program 2017