Columbia College, in Vancouver, is one of the prestigious colleges and serves as Canada’s first private college since in 1936. Columbia College operates on a tri-semester system. However, students can begin their program at the start of any semester. Each semester is 14 weeks and allows for a break of at least three weeks between semesters.
Fall Semester: September to December
Winter Semester: January to April
Summer Semester: May to August
How to apply
Full admission requirements:
- Baccalaureate degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above from a regionally accredited institution
- Transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities and verification of a completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Transcripts are required from all degree-granting institutions, institutions where prerequisite courses were completed, and institutions attended outside the United States.
- Completed application including narrative component
- Three completed recommendation forms
- Personal goal statement (minimum of 300-500 words—included on application)
- Professional resume
If your bachelor’s degree is not in the same field as the master’s you are seeking, or if your undergraduate preparation is lacking certain basic courses, you may qualify for post-baccalaureate admission.
Students who do not meet the 3.0 GPA requirements may be considered for conditional admission at the discretion of the respective academic department.
The application fee ($200) is due with your application
Overseas Applicants – Academic Programs
Applicants accepted into academic programs (including academic programs with English preparation) arriving directly from overseas on a Canadian Study Permit are required to make a tuition deposit of $12,000. This deposit covers tuition fees for 24 credits of coursework over two semesters and is non-refundable once a student lands in Canada. If a student chooses to take additional credits, these are charged at the rate of $500/credit.
Tuition Fee- Undergraduate International Students
Full-time tuition (12 – 18 credit hours)
Fall, 2018 semester $11,352.00
Spring, 2019 semester $11,352.00
Total for 2018-2019 $22,704.00
(Tuition (fixed for 5 years)
Graduate Tuition Fee
The cost varies as it depends on the program.
On-campus Graduate tuition (per credit hour) $390
Application fee (non-refundable) $55
Graduation processing fee (DEC) $120
These rates apply to students living on campus for the Fall semester 2018 and/or Spring semester 2019.
2018-2019 Residential Life costs (per semester)
Double room $2,337.00
Hughes Haven $2,454.00
Single room charge (additional fee) $750.00