The Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa, CODESRIA, welcomes applications for interest in a foundation on ‘Financial Justice and Climate Change in Africa’ to be met in Accra, Ghana from 29 May to 7 June 2017, on the wide topic of ‘Monetary Justice in Africa: Climate change, Inequalities and Development’. This call targets researchers and scientists working in African colleges and research focuses; experts and common society activists working in the ranges of environmental change, social and financial equity, asset administration, property rights, commodification and expansion of business sectors, atmosphere equity, agriculture and different issues in the wide region of reasonable improvement.
The establishment is a follow-up to the 2015 Economic Justice organization that was held in Durban, South Africa in association with OSISA Economic Justice program from 7–18 September 2015 on the topic ‘Financial Justice in Africa: Globalization, the State and Civil Society’.
CODESRIA is a skillet African research association built up in 1973 with the expansive objective of advancing the work of African social researchers. The primary command of CODESRIA is to advance sociology inquire about in Africa with a view to delivering learning that can both improve the comprehension of the social progression and auxiliary changes going ahead inside Africa and in our general surroundings, and advise strategy and social activity. CODESRIA does this by supporting examination by people and systems on recognized topical needs and through assembling establishments and methodological workshops. The subject for this establishment is tied down on CODESRIA’s 2017-2021 key arrangement whose attention is on ‘Achieving New Frontiers in Social Research and Knowledge Production for African Transformation and Development’.
The particular targets are to:
• Support the improvement of learning and aptitudes important to encourage change and comprehensive manageable advancement in Africa and develop basic intuition among experts, activists and key approach producers around current issues on environmental change, social equity and disparity;
• Strengthen the communication and engagement amongst scholastics and grassroots systems working in the range of environmental change, social equity and disparity related issues in Africa.
Applications for laureates ought to include:
1. A letter demonstrating institutional or hierarchical association;
2. An educational modules vitae;
3. A five-page idea note; including the title, a concise diagram of the connection between the hopeful’s working zone and the hazardous and concerns raised by the topic of the Economic Justice Institute; a framework of the paper the applicant means to create after the organization for production and a sign of how issues brought up in the idea note converge with the situation of minimal groups in the ‘environmental change adjustment and relief plans’.
4. Two (2) reference letters from researchers, specialists or activists known for their ability and aptitude in the competitor’s working range, including their names, addresses, and email addresses.
The due date for accommodation of utilizations is 10 April 2017. Chosen candidates will be informed by 28 April 2017.
Accommodation of Applications
All applications ought to be sent as electronic email just in word format, to:
For additional data, please contact:
Monetary Justice Institute
Road Cheikh Anta Diop x Canal IV
BP 3304, CP 18524, Dakar, Senegal
Tel.: (221) 33 825 98 21/22/23
Email: [email protected]
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the CODESRIA 2017 Economic Justice Institute