Many of us regard traveling as one of the dimensions of flawless art from the experiences of our lives. This holds true especially for students who are going abroad for higher studies. It does not matter if you are on the top list in the foreign country; students are always regarded as eligible candidates for curve balls. Here are some of the most common studying abroad challenges which are faced by students and the solutions which can help them to get out of them alive.
- Problem no.1 Language barrier: This is one of the most crucial problems which the students face while studying abroad. You might have learned the foreign language for years, but once you have landed in a different country, you are not able to understand the language around you instantly. This is because a foreigner is not able to understand the regional slang which the native speakers are using. Resultantly, students get stressed out.
- Solution: It is better to learn the language of the destination country before going abroad and use it as much as possible either in oral or written form. Do not work upon to increase your fancy slang skills. The need is to practice it!
- Problem no.2 Feeling like an alien in a new country: When you are roaming in the streets of a new country just to find a nice place to have breakfast, you might have a feeling that you are an outsider. Do not let this feeling make your spirits get down because it will make the new tasks more difficult for you. All of us understand that one needs some time to adjust to a new place.
- Solution: Plan lots of trips to the town where you are living. The more you spend time in exploring, the better it would be for you to get comfortable in the new environment. The trip will become more enjoyable in this manner!
- Problem no.3 Getting stressed to make yourself familiar with the different currency: IF you have not taken any trip before, then you might be feeling odd at using the new currency. You will also start making currency conversions in your head and think upon ways how to use the new type of currency in a convenient way.
- Solution: Familiarize yourself with the money conversions and the rates prior to leaving the home country. Make it certain that you are well acquainted with how to convert the currencies and have enough money before you are going in the town for shopping trips.
- Problem no.4 Overcoming homesickness: For a number of students who are planning to study abroad, it is the first trip out of their home town. Obviously, it is the first time that they are leaving their friends and family members. Facing the problem of anxiety is natural feeling, especially in the circumstances when the closest support group is not available to take care of you.
- Solution: Make long distance calls and write some supportive letters to the friends and family members. This will increase your comfort level automatically.
John Allen is always interested in features and essays which can help students. He currently works for Vid Wonders and also does editing and proofreading work for different projects. And you can follow him on social as Facebook and GPlus