On an annual basis, the Dan David Prize Scheme awards up to 20 scholarships of US$15,000 each to outstanding doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers.
The Dan David Prize is a joint international corporation, endowed by the Dan David Foundation and headquartered at Tel Aviv University.
The Dan David Prize recognizes and encourages innovative and interdisciplinary research that cuts across traditional boundaries and paradigms. It aims to foster universal values of excellence, creativity, justice, democracy and progress and to promote the scientific, technological and humanistic achievements that advance and improve our world.
The Dan David Prize covers three time dimensions – Past, Present and Future – that represent realms of human achievement. Each year the International Board chooses one field within each time dimension. Following a review process by independent Review Committees comprising renowned scholars and professionals, the International Board then chooses the laureates for each field.
Type: Doctoral/Postdoctoral and Research
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Tel Aviv University, Israel
Eligible Fields of Researchers: Advanced doctoral and postdoctoral students of excellent achievements and promise, studying topics related to the fields chosen for this year, are invited to apply for the Dan David Prize Scholarships 2018.
Eligibility: Registered doctoral and post-doctoral researchers who study at recognized universities throughout the world, and whose research have been approved, are eligible to apply.
Selection Criteria: The Dan David Prize scholarships are granted according to merit, without discrimination based on gender, race, religion, nationality, or political affiliation.
Number of Awardees: 20
Value of Scholarship: US$15,000
How to Apply:
- The application process, including the uploading of required documents, must be completed online only via the Dan David Prize website.
- The requested Application Form and all documentation must be completed in English only.
In order to fill out the scholarship application form you will need the following information:
- Title, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name
- Applicant’s institution and department of study
- Postal address of institution of study
- Educational Status: PhD student or postdoctoral researcher
- Commencement date of PhD studies or postdoctoral research period
- Date of approval of PhD research project (Postdoc: Not Applicable)
- Title of PhD./postdoctoral research project
- Postal address of applicant
- Telephone numbers: work, home and mobile
- Title, First Name, Last Name
- Supervisor’s institution and department of affiliation
- Work telephone number
- A full curriculum vitae of the applicant including a list of publications.
- A one to two page description of the applicant’s doctoral/postdoctoral research project.
- Three separate letters of recommendation, on official letterhead and signed by recognized scholars in the field, one of which must be the doctoral/postdoctoral supervisor.
All Recommendation Letters must be uploaded via the online Recommendation Submission Form link.
In addition, originals must mailed to: Ms. Smadar Fisher, Director, Dan David Prize, P.O.Box 39040, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 6997801, Israel.
- Signed authorization by the university, on official letterhead, stating that the applicant is a registered doctoral student/postdoctoral researcher, whose research has been approved.
In addition, originals must be mailed to: Ms. Smadar Fisher, Director, Dan David Prize, P.O.Box 39040, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 6997801, Israel.
Confirmation of successful submission is provided electronically and a copy of the application material is sent to the applicant by email.
It is important to go through the Application Guidelines before applying.
Award Provider: Dan David Prize, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Important Notes: Applicants who have received a scholarship from the Dan David Prize may not apply again.
Application Deadline: 10th March, 2018