Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ), is offering scholarships to applicants wishing to enter the Bridge Program. This scholarship covers the Bridge Entrance Fee and is available to applicants with outstanding academic performance and English ability. Recipients are selected based on application document evaluation. The Temple University announces the Bridge Program Scholarship for both Japanese and international students. The scholarship is available for non-native English speakers who need to further develop their academic English skills in the course of undergoing an undergraduate degree program.
Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) is the oldest and largest foreign university in Japan. Founded in 1982, TUJ has developed into a nationally recognized institution offering an extensive range of educational programs. In addition to its core undergraduate program, the scholarship is to encourage the study of English language.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue the Undergraduate Bridge programme.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the field of English.
Scholarship Award: This scholarship covers the Bridge Entrance Fee.
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarships is not given.
Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have graduated or will graduate from an accredited secondary or high school, or
- Have completed or will complete an IB diploma or GCE A Level program, or
- Possess a GED (General Education Development) certificate, Kosotsu Nintei Shiken (formerly Daikin), or its equivalent. (Applicants are recommended to apply for at least 15 college-level semester credits to strengthen their application.)
- Applicants seeking a student visa through TUJ: 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants NOT seeking a student visa through TUJ: 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (or 3.0 on a 5.0 scale)
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- TOEFL iBT scores between 45 and 70, or TOEFL PBT scores between 450 and 524, or IELTS (Academic) scores between 5.0 and 5.5, or PTE (Academic) scores between 35 and 49.
- TOEFL, IELTS or PTE score meets the requirement but needs support for improving academic skills before enrolling in the Undergraduate Program.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Letters of Recommendation – sent by counsellors/teachers
- Personal copies of Awards/Honors – scanned copies
- Any other documents demonstrating exceptional qualifications.
Application Deadline: The application deadlines are the following:
|Those seeking a student visa through TUJ||Those not seeking a student visa through TUJ|
|Fall Admission||March 1||June 1|
|Spring Admission||September 1||September 1|
|Summer Admission||December 1||March 1|