Berea College, in the United States, is now offering its fully-funded undergraduate international scholarship for 20220/20221 academic session.
Berea College is a private liberal arts work college in Berea, Kentucky. Founded in 1855, Berea College is distinctive among post-secondary institutions for providing free education to students and for having been the first college in the Southern United States to be coeducational and racially integrated. Berea College charges no tuition; every admitted student is provided with the equivalent of a four-year scholarship.
The college offers bachelor’s degrees in 32 majors. It has a full-participation work-study program in which students are required to work at least 10 hours per week in campus and service jobs in any of over 130 departments.
Eligible Countries: Available to International students
To study in the USA
Eligibility status: Berea College encourages applications from students who:
- Do not yet have a 4-year college degree;
- Do not have dependents or are married.
- Meet university entrance requirements in their own country;
- Are able to present outstanding secondary and/or leaving exam results;
- Are able to present IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, or ACT results;
- Are fluent in the English language, both oral and written;
- Are interested in living and learning in an environment that stresses the equality and kinship of all people regardless of race, class, age, religion, sexual orientation, or nationality;
- Although international enrollment is limited to about 25 new students each fall, Berea College nevertheless seeks to serve students from as many different areas of the world as possible.
- Successful candidates for admission have a record of outstanding academic achievement and a strong sense of educational purpose.
- Berea College does not teach English to those who have not yet mastered the language.
- International students must have mastered the English language sufficiently to understand and participate in-class lectures and discussions, read required texts and other materials, and complete written and other assignments. However, all enrolled international students will be assessed to determine whether they would benefit from an English as a Second Language (ESL) course in the first semester. An additional ESL course may also be required in the second semester for some students. The Nursing program has higher English proficiency requirements (TOEFL iBT 83, with a 26 on the spoken section).
- If admitted to Berea with lower English proficiency, students will not be admitted to the major until the required scores are achieved. Students will be given the opportunity to retest, however, students failing to meet the TOEFL iBT requirement by the first day of their third term of enrollment at Berea are ineligible to pursue the Nursing major.
- If admitted to Berea with lower English proficiency, students will not be admitted to the major until the required scores are achieved
Number of Awards: 25
Value of Award:
- There is no application fee to apply to Berea College.
- International students accepted by Berea College are funded for four years of study. We ask that each international student, once offered admission, to pay a one-time enrollment fee of $50 and a $2,200 deposit before coming to Berea to help with costs for medical, dental, emergencies, or other unexpected expenses. Students may apply for an exception to paying the deposit if there are inadequate family finances. The remaining balance of the deposit will be returned upon graduation. Having the deposit while at Berea is essential.
- The funding provided by Berea College includes the cost of education (the equivalent of tuition) for up to four years. Costs for room and board are also covered completely for the first year
Duration of Award: 4 years
How to Apply for the scholarship
Interested applicants must make sure that the completed application packet must be received in the Berea College Office of Admissions no later than 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) November 30, 2020.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
- For more information on how to apply: Visit Award Webpage for Details: Application Deadline:30th November 2020 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).