The Australian Government Postgraduate Research Scholarship is now open for application. This scholarship targets outstanding international students who wish to pursue their postgraduate study in Australia. Tuition fees and health cover fees will be covered by this scholarship.
Every year, the Australian government gives out lots of scholarships to international students to study in Australia. This year, a total of 330 postgraduate research scholarships will be awarded to qualified international students.
In order to apply for this scholarship, applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant should be an international student and should meet international student visa requirement as specified by the department of immigration and citizenship plus the requirement to purchase maintain a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Commonwealth Government Department of Health and Ageing.
- Must be commencing full time enrollment for the first time in a HDR at an eligible scholarship provider in Australia.
- Must undertaking study in a subject area identified by the provider as one of its areas of research concentration .
- Must not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree
- Must not have held an Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the IPRS
- Must not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
Fields of study
The IPRS will be awarded to applicants who wish to pursue masters by research degree or doctorate by research degree in Australia.
What the scholarship covers
The IPRS will cover full tuition fees and health cover costs for scholarship holders and their dependents. Funds are awarded at the cost of $20m per annum.
How to apply
Applications for the IPRS must be made directly to the participating Australian universities and HEPs. HEPs determine the selection process by which scholarships are allocated to applicants. Applicants are advised to contact the University of their Choice to discuss how to apply for the IPRS scheme. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The application deadline varies among universities but is generally from May until October of every year. Kindly contact a specific institution for a specific deadline.