Each year, the Australian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade awards lots of scholarships to people from developing countries, particularly Africa to pursue full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions. The scholarship will cover expenses such as full tuition, return air travel, establishment allowance, overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award, pre-course English (PCE) fees etc. The deadline for scholarship application is 12th December, 2014.
The Australian Awards Scholarships is awarded by the Ministry of Foreign affairs to students from developing countries. The aim of the scholarship is to contribute to the long term development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. The scholarship award will help develop skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to the development outcomes of their own country.
Applicants should meet the eligibility criteria below before they apply for this scholarship:
- Applicants not be more than 50 years of age at the date of your application
- Must have at least three (3) years’ relevant post graduate work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organisation type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- You possess, a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognised Institution of at least 4 years in length with at least a 3rd Class Pass.
- Public sector candidates must comply with Government of your country regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships
- You must not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree
- You must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award.
Fields of study
- Agriculture/Food Security
- Health (including HIV/AIDS)
- Public Policy (including public sector management, public sector reform, trade, international diplomacy)
- Technical and Vocational Education & Training (available for Short Courses only)
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship will cover expenses such as full tuition, return air travel, establishment allowance, overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award, pre-course English (PCE) fees etc.
How to apply
The mode of application is online or by post. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application is 12th December, 2014.