Youth entrepreneurship is a proven strategy that positively impacts the lives of young people. It’s of great importance to catch them young. Youths are considered as the future leaders of tomorrow, and for this to become a reality, they (youth) must oblige with the right frame work for growth and sustainable development.
The alarming rate of Social vices is increasingly jeopardizing the future of the youths. Getting them staying focused, and some form of mentorship programs would massively reduce the menace of youth restiveness globally.
The aspiration of youths becoming entrepreneurs should be wholesomely, appreciated. This will not only be beneficial to the young people as it gives them the opportunity to chart their own destinies, but to the nation at large as it tends to tackle unemployment and civic engagements.
The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition offers young people the opportunity to get involved in an entrepreneurship scheme. It’s a global programme to empower young entrepreneurs to create a sustainable world.
This is an online platform, which supports the implementation of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 related targets address the most important social, economic, environmental, health and governance challenges of our time.
This global platform empowers young entrepreneurs from the ages of (15-35) from around the world to engage in a more peaceful world.
Young people from around the world are invited to submit their innovative ideas and projects with a societal impact, which champion and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The certificate study programme is free for the 2017 edition, and is sponsored by The Goi Peace Foundation, Stiftung Entrepreneurship and Digital Experts United.
Course(s): Ideas, Projects
Course Level: Competition
Provider: Goi Peace Foundation, Stiftung Entrepreneurship, Digital Experts United
Country to Study in: Worldwide
1. 15-35 age
2. You have an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in your community, such as:
- Goal 1: No Poverty – End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2: Zero Hunger – End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being – Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 4: Quality Education – Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Goal 5: Gender Equality – Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation – Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy – Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth – Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure – Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities – Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities – Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production – Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 13: Climate Action – Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Goal 14: Life Below Water – Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Goal 15: Life on Land – Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions – Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals – Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
OR, you are operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization or an informal program
3. You are able to submit your entry in English.
Entries will be evaluated based on their entrepreneurial vision, feasibility, innovation, leadership, social impact, and sustainability, among other factors.
Citizens of ALL countries
Categories of competition
1). Best Ideas Category:
Innovative ideas and plans to be implemented (by the entrant or by others)
2). Best Projects Category:
Already existing enterprise which has demonstrated social impact
The 10 entries receiving the most votes in each of the two categories will be considered finalists. Finalists are requested to submit a video (max 3 minutes) of their idea/project (if they have not done so yet). From among the finalists, the judges will make the final selection of three winners (Grand Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize) in each category.
The People’s Choice Prize will be given to the entry with the largest number of votes in each of the two categories. In addition, an Entrepreneurship Campus Prize will be given to three entrants who have demonstrated outstanding ‘entrepreneurship spirit’ by actively taking part in the Entrepreneurship Campus.
MEDALS & CERTIFICATES AWARD
Grand Prize winners and the People’s Choice Prize winners will receive a Gold Medal and a Certificate. Second Prize winners will receive a Silver Medal and a Certificate. Third Prize winners will receive a Bronze Medal and a Certificate. Finalists not chosen as prize winners will receive Honorable Mention. Entrepreneurship Campus Prize winners will receive a Certificate.
Method of Application
FIRST, register online and create your account! You will receive an email confirmation. Please check your spam folder. You must confirm in order to activate your account. SECOND, if you want to submit an idea, go to Submit an idea!. If you want to submit a project, go to Submit a project!. Fill out and submit the preliminary entry form. Then wait for a response from the competition administrators. THIRD and finally, if your idea/project has passed the preliminary screening, you will be requested to fill out and submit the second entry form.
It is important to carefully read through the Competition Guidelines, and to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply for this competition
Competition launch for this year and entry submission started 15 March 2017. The application deadline for all entries is 31 July 2017
You may refine your entry up until the entry deadline to reflect the comments and recommendations received. You may also support your entry by submitting a video presentation of your idea or project (up to 3 minutes).
Important advice! You are encouraged to interact with the Entrepreneurship Campus online community, to refine your idea/ project, and to comment constructively on other entries. You are also invited to take the free online courses at the Entrepreneurship Campus.
Application Deadline: 31 July 2017