Ankara University is a public university in Ankara, the capital city of Turkey. It is recognized as the first higher education institution founded in Turkey after the formation of the republic in 1923. The university has 40 vocational programs, 120 undergraduate programs and 110 graduate program
Why study at Ankara University?
- This is one of the best universities in Turkey and also, rated among top universities in the world.
- Mode of study: For international students seeking universities in Turkey that teach in English, Ankara University is one of them offering various degrees instructed in the English language.
- Ankara University is a big educational institution, attended by more than 65 thousand students. The university accepts both local and foreign students. At AU there are about 4% of foreigners. More than 3 thousand teachers are employed by the university.
- The university participates in many international exchange programs between students and academic staff.
- In each department of Ankara University, English Preparatory departments are available upon request. Undergraduate or graduate students may receive English preparatory education in case they make a request.
- In all departments of Ankara University, English, Turkish, French and German courses are given.
- Selecting an English course is based on choice. In the event entrance exam scores and course, averages are at the desired level, students may pick either 30% intensive English course programs or 100% intensive English course programs.
How to apply for admission?
To apply for admission, visit the school website here: http://www.ankara.edu.tr. Check the admission requirements as it relates to your field of study and country. Basically, acceptance is based on the exam results. Within the application period foreign students will be admitted to Ankara University according to one of the exam results below:
- SAT I: Applicants who obtained a minimum of 1100 points totally and a minimum of 650 points at the math exam.
- ABITUR: Applicants who obtained a grade between 1-4 points.
- INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE: Applicants who had an international baccalaureate diploma degree and obtained a minimum of 30 points.
- Universities prepare their own exams like the former YÖS exam. Applicants who obtained a minimum of 50 standard points from the Test of Basic Learning Skills of AYÖS (Ankara University Foreign Student Exam) will be accepted.
- ACT: Applicants who obtained a minimum of 24 points
Read also: Study in Turkey: Top 4 Universities
You can click here for 2020-2021 Tuition Fees
The orientation of Ankara University is to instruct individuals that will guide the society in the fields of science and arts through a universal perspective and to contribute to the production of science, technology and arts with its distinctive and qualified research.
Here, it offers education through associate (two-year) degree programs, and undergraduate (bachelor degree) programs through its 15 faculties, vocational schools, 9 colleges and a state conservatory. Graduate-level education is provided by its 13 graduate schools.