American University in the United States of America is offering Emerging Global Leader Scholarships to international students who are doing well in their studies and will like to enroll for a Bachelor’s degree in the United States and are ready to make a positive change in their society.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship was established for students who will return to their countries and try and make a positive impact by improving their under developed towns and communities. The scholarships show off the best of American University including leadership development, academic excellence and global engagement.
Only one scholarship will be awarded to a first year student. The scholarship is meant to last for the duration of the program and it is renewable for a period of four years of the undergraduate program which is based on the satisfactory academic performance of the student.
The scholarship covers the following expenses like full tuition fees, accommodation, as well as room and board. On the other hand, the scholarship does not cover the following expenses and costs like health insurance, air tickets, books and other expenses.
If after applying you are unable to receive the scholarship but will still like to continue with the application process, you may end up being eligible for a partial merit scholarship.
- Nationals from all over the world except those from the United States of America are eligible for the scholarship.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants should not be university students but secondary students who are applying as first year students for the program.
- You should not be a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident of the United States or have dual citizenship of the United States or another country
- Should not have been admitted in a university in your home country or the United States
- During the selection process, preference will be given to the following students
- Students who have been able to overcome various struggles and problems as well as those who come from difficult social economic and global backgrounds
- Have at least a GPA of 3.8 or its equivalent or should be among the top 10% students in the graduating class for 9th-12th grades
- Should show the zeal for leadership, service to their town or community as well as interest in helping people in their country
- Should have at least a minimum score of 7.0 IELTS, 95 TOEFL or 600 based paper based TOEFL
FIELD OF STUDY
Scholarships are offered for any undergraduate course at the university
HOW TO APPLY
Application is done online on the official website. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
To be qualified to be among the August 2016 intakes candidates should submit their applications along with relevant documents by January 15 2016