Preparing a well-written scholarship application may seem daunting but with these ‘top tips’ you can ensure you submit an outstanding scholarship application.
- Provide all supporting documents – When completing your scholarship application, you will be required to attach a number of supporting documents such as your resume, educational transcripts and personal statements for each scholarship you apply for. Although this may take some time, it is important that you have attached all the relevant documents before you submit your application.
- Double check the eligibility requirements and apply for all scholarships for which you are eligible – Ensure you read and reread the eligibility requirements for each of the scholarships you wish to apply for. It is time consuming applying for a scholarship you are ineligble for. We encourage students to apply for all the scholarships you are eligible for, you are not limited to choosing only one.
- Include your Curriculum Vitae – It is important to include your Curriculum Vitae with your scholarship application. Curriculum Vitae’s provide the scholarship body with valuable information on your work experience, extra-circular activities, academic results, goals and ambitions.
- Include your extra-curricular activities – Scolarship bodies usually look beyond academic records. It is important you include any information about your extra-curricular activities
- Watch the deadline – Make sure you check the closing date for the scholarship/s you are applying for. We recommend making a note in your phone, computer or diary now. Most scholarships have strict closing dates and do not accept late applications. Please visit the scholarship website to review your closing dates.
- Be organised and prepare ahead – As part of your scholarship application, you may be asked to attach a personal statement, provide a referee or attach academic records. It is important to be prepared and have these documents ready when it is time to submit your application online. Documents should be scanned and attached to your application. Please ensure you have checked that your scanned documents are legible, and scanned as a full document (not page by page).
- Proof-read your application – When you are ready to submit your application, please double check that you have completed all required sections, you have attached all documentation and you have made corrected all spelling and gramatical errors in your application. Once you submit you may not retreive your application so make sure you are ready before you click the button.
- Check your email regularly – Most scholarship awarding bodies communicate to applicants through the e-mail, so you need to check your mails regularly in other not to miss any important information.