ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarships will be awarded to four successful applicants interested in enrolling for a master’s program. Through the platform of its scholarship, OFID is set to help determined and motivated people prevail over one of their toughest problems to their careers, which is the cost of graduate studies.
Successful applicants for the OFID scholarship will be given 50,000 US dollars. The amount will be given over a maximum period of one year to a student to complete a master’s program at an accredited educational institution. The scholarship will be taken at any recognized university in the world.
FIELD OF STUDY
The Scholarship is awarded to students who desire to enrol for studies in an important area of Development or Energy Studies such as economics of development (energy and sustainable development, poverty reduction), environment (desertification), or other similar science and technology fields.
- Should be a citizen of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries)
- Should choosea subject of study that is related to OFID’s core mission likeeconomics of development (energy and sustainable development, poverty reduction), environment (desertification) or other similar science and technology fields
- Should be between the ages of 23-32 when submitting their applications
- Should have obtained or about completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Should have at least a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system or its equivalent
- Should be matriculated at an accredited university for the next academic year beginning August/September 2015 and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are done online and should be accompanied with the following documents:
Completed on-line application form
Scanned copy of the passport of the applicant
Scanned copy of the applicant’s last university degree or certificate
Scanned letter of acceptance from chosen educational institution, confirming applicant’s admission, area of study and duration of the Master’s degree program (which should not be more than one year)
Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or lecturers from the applicant’s current university
Should produce Curriculum Vitae (CV)
An evidence of meeting prerequisites including language proficiency
A short essay of around 500 words in English, stating reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship, detailing your educational goals as well as clearly describing how you will use the experience garnered from your Master’s degree studies to help develop your home country.
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
Deadline for application is May 1 2016