The University of Melbourne in Australia is offering undergraduate scholarships to international students wishing to pursue and undergraduate study program in the university. This scholarship was established by the University of Melbourne in recognition of the significant contribution made by international students to the diversity of the University’s student population. A total of 50 scholarships are awarded annually.
The following conditions must be met by applicants;
- Applicant must be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia.
- Have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course.
- Have achieved excellent final year school results, such as:
- 4 A-grades in the GCE A Levels
- an ATAR of 99.9 in the Australian Year 12 program,
- overall 98% in an approved Foundation program
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 44
- Not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program).
Fields of study
All undergraduate study programs offered in Melbourne University, Australia
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship provides one of the following benefits:
- A one off $10,000 fee remission from tuition fees in the first year of an undergraduate degree.
- A 50% remission from tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree.
- A 100% remission from tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree.
International Undergraduate Fee Remission Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and allocated on a competitive basis subject to quotas by course and region. Scholarships have been awarded to students from countries such as Mexico, Singapore, Bangladesh, China, Mauritius, Sweden, Malaysia, USA and India.
How to apply
Applicants do not need to submit an application for this scholarship. All eligible students who have received an unconditional offer for admission to an undergraduate degree will automatically be considered. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
Rolling (1 Nov / 1 Dec 2016 || 1 Jan / 1 Apr / 1 May 2017)