MasterCard foundation is offering scholarships to African students to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the fields of Engineering, Economics and Management Sciences, Natural and Economic Sciences. This scholarship is fully funded and will cover expenses like tuition fees, living cost, air fare etc.
In order to apply for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be citizens of sub-Saharan African country.
- Must come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate significant financial neediness.
- Applicant must posses leadership potential and desire to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc.
- Applicant must maintain a high academic record at all times.
- Applicant must be first time applicants as first year students in the degree programme.
Fields of study
Scholarships will be awarded in the fields of Engineering, Economics and Management Sciences, Natural and Economic Sciences.
What the scholarship covers
The MasterCard foundation scholarship will cover expenses like Full tuition fees, Accommodation in a UP residence, Meals, Books and printed material, A modest monthly stipend, Medical aid (Ingwe only), Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period), Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
Application must be submitted before 30th August 2016.