The 2016 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for international students is now open for application. This scholarship is awarded by the Swiss government to pursue postgraduate programs in Switzerland. The scholarship will cover a monthly payment, exemption of tuition fees, health insurance, air fare, special lodging allowance, etc.
Every year, the Swiss government awards lots of scholarships to international students to study in Switzerland. For 2016/2017, lots of postgraduate scholarships will be awarded to students who wish to study in Switzerland. These scholarships provide graduates from all fields with the opportunity to pursue doctoral or postdoctoral research in Switzerland at one of the public funded university or recognized institution. It will be awarded in the following category:
- University scholarships (Swiss universities, Federal Institutes of Technology, as well as Universities of Applied Sciences)
- Arts scholarships (schools of music and fine arts, only for a limited number of countries).
Applicants who wish to apply for this scholarship should meet the following requirements;
- Hold a university degree (Bachelors/Masters) on commencement of the scholarship.
- Be able to demonstrate their academic abilities and what they aim to achieve.
- Contact the institution and/or the professor supervising their period of research. Universities may request supplementary information and/or set certain additional conditions to determine whether or not you qualify for admission.
- Be under the age of 35 (born on or after 1 January 1976).
- Be suitably proficient in the language of instruction (French, German, Italian or English) in order to draw full benefit from their studies in Switzerland.
Fields of study
PhD, Postdoctoral and Research programs in Switzerland
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship will cover a monthly payment, exemption of tuition fees, health insurance, air fare, special lodging allowance, etc.
How to apply
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply. You will need to select your country for a country –specific instructions.
The deadline for scholarship application is 30th November 2015.