The Russian Federal Government, Ministry of Education and Science is awarding Government Scholarship for international students. The Russian system of education is widely known to be the highest in terms of literacy rate ranking 99.6% level making it rank as the country with one of the best education systems.
For international students who wish to study in Russia, it is of utmost importance to have a basic knowledge of written and spoken Russian languages because most studies in Russian Universities are carried out in Russian Language. Apart from the academic aspect, knowledge of the language is essential for everyday life and communication in, around and outside the university. The Russian scholarships are offered to assist students in upgrading their level of education.
The offered scholarships are available for bachelor, masters, postgraduate and postgraduate medical studies (internship, clinical residency). It would be interesting to note that the Russian Government has greatly subsidized the study of international citizens at Russian state universities up to about 80% thereby making it quite affordable. (The average cost of an academic year, including accommodation in a student hostel, is 2500-4000 USD). Life and health insurance is mandatory for any overseas citizen wishing to study in Russia. The cost of the insurance for life and health is within the range of 160 USD to 250 USD for a year and depends on the program of insurance chosen by the student.
- International students with little or no knowledge of Russian language would have to undergo a pre-university preparatory departments and faculties of educational establishments on supplementary comprehensive programs.
- It is compulsory for applicants for training in areas of Art and Culture to pass additional entrance examinations creative direction directly in the educational organization, which he/she plans to undertake. In this scenerio, the specific duration of the additional entrance examinations creative direction established educational organization in the period from June 1 to August 1. Educational Institutions of Higher Education Ministry of Culture of Russia implement educational programs post-graduate studies.
- For College Admission requirement, applicants should possess a document of complete secondary education for bachelor degree program.
- For Bachelor’s degree or a Specialist’s degree holders applying for Masters degree programme, candidate should have a minimum of Bachelors degree or its equivalent. Master’s degree with the course duration not less than 2 years or a “Specialist’s degree” with the course duration not less than 5 years for Postgraduate and degree of higher medical /dental/pharmaceutical education for postgraduate medical studies (internship, clinical residency).
- Though the Russian Universities studies in Russian language, but in some cases the teaching in about 20 specialties is also delivered in English and French (general medicine, pharmacy). Applicants opting for the training in English or French must have an interview to check their language proficiency upon arrival. The results of international language tests (e.g TOEFL, DALF, IELTS, CAE, TCF etc.) The Russian language course is an vital part of the syllabus irrespective of medium of instruction.
Field of Study
The scholarship scope of study borders on candidates with bachelor, masters, postgraduate and postgraduate medical studies (internship, clinical residency).
How to Apply
The mode of application is strictly online. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply
Deadline of Application
Applications for study on a foundation course are accepted from
1st March-1st October
Applications for main courses (first and subsequent years) are accepted from
1st March-15th August yearly (for visa-free countries)
March-15th July (for passport holders of countries requiring a visa)