The 2016/2017 Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship Scheme for for Nigerian graduates is now open for application. This scholarship targets outstanding Nigerian graduates who intend to pursue their Msc and PhD study either in Nigeria or overseas in countries like Germany, Australia, USA, France (Grenoble INP) and the UK.
PTDF is inviting applications from qualified candidates for Overseas and in-Country MSc and PhD Scholarships. The aim of this scholarship is to develop and promote petroleum technology and create the manpower needs of the oil and gas industry through research and training of Nigerians. Only applicants who meet the following requirements will be shortlisted for computer based aptitude test in the case of MSc applicants, while oral interview will be conducted for PhD applicants (full time and Split-site) on dates to be announced later.
MSc (LSS AND OSS)
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience.
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate.
- Applicants must be computer literate.
- Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language; At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO.
- Applicants must not be above 30 years of age.
Applicants for OSS Award should be in possession of the following documents:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (USA)
- GMAT – for Management related courses (USA)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (UK).
PhD (LSS and OSS)
- Applicants must be in the academics in Nigerian Institutions, teaching an oil and gas related discipline.
- Applicants must possess minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a good second degree certificate.
- Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, Introduction, Objective, Methodology and Mode of Data Collection.
- Applicants must include a valid admission letter.
- Applicants must not be over 40 years of age.
- Applicants must include their masters degree project.
Documents to scan and attach to the application form
Applicants should scan and upload the following documents during the online application:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result.
- NYSC discharge certificate.
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results or provide PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the results on the relevant website.
- Recent Passport Photograph.
- Local Government Identification Letter.
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only).
- Admission Letter (PhD Applicants).
- Birth Certificate.
Fields of study
For the Overseas scholarship award, applicants should seek admission into UK, Germany, Norway and Australia for the following courses. The Local scholarship scheme applicants can apply to all Federal Universities and Centre of Excellence in Courses core to Oil and Gas Industry.
- Assets Management (Engineering Asset Management)
- Control System And Applied Instrumentation
- Basin Evolution and Dynamics
- Control System And Applied Instrumentation
- Design of Rotating Machines
- Diving and Under Water Technology
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Remote Sensing
- Fire and Explosion Engineering
- Flow Assurance
- Fluid Mechanics and Energetic (France)
- Health Safety and Environmental
- Hydraulic Engineering (France)
- International Shipping
- Marine computational Fluid Dynamics
- Maritime Operation
- Offshore and Ocean Technology
- Offshore Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering (UK, UNSW, Australia)
- Pipeline Engineering
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Renewable Energy Engineering (UNSW – Australia)
- Subsea Engineering
- Thermal Power (Gas Turbine Option)
- Geothermal Engineering (Germany)
- Mechatronics and Mechanical Systems Engineering (USP – Brasil, Germany)
- Naval and Ocean Engineering (USP, Brazil)
- Mining and Petroleum Engineering (USP, Brasil)
- Production Engineering (USP, Brasil)
- Systems Engineering and Engineering (Germany)
- Geology and Petroleum Geology (Germany)
- Reservoir Engineering/Production Technology (Germany)
- Environmental Studies and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment).
- Flow Assurance and Pipeline Engineering.
- Geology and Petroleum Geology.
- Civil and Marine Engineering.
- Renewable Energy.
- Reservoir Engineering/Production Technology
- Refining Technology.
- Ship Building and Marine Technology
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Application forms can be accessed online at www.ptdf.cinfores.com using an ATM (Interswitch, Master Card & Visa card) or through purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the 36 States and FCT, upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only). Instructions on how to access the form online is clearly stated on the backside of the cards. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application is 31st October 2015