The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Programme-JJ WBGSP is receiving applications from citizens from Japan and developing countries to enrol for masters degree programs for 2016/2017 academic year.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
It is believed that successful applicants will return to their country to apply their acquired knowledge and skills to help with the growth and development of the economy.
Several scholarships are available and will be awarded for the period of study which is a year. Instances where the period of study is longer, the scholarship will be renewed for some months or a second consecutive year based on a good first year academic performance as well as finance.
The scholarship comes with some benefits for successful candidates including:
Tuition and the expenses of basic medical and accident insurance which is usually received through the university
Air ticket economy class to travel between your home country and the host university at the beginning of the program and another air ticket to return back at the end of the scholarship
Scholarship recipients will also get a $500 travel allowance for each journey
A monthly stipend allowance to take care of expenses like feeding, books e.t.c
FIELD OF STUDY
Scholarships are available in the following courses agriculture, environment, natural resource management, economics, health, education or other related courses
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants should meet the following requirements
- Should be a National of a World Bank member country eligible to borrow
- Should be under the age of 45 by the time of the application deadline
- Should not hold dual citizenship of a developed country
- Should have a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree which should have been obtained at least 3 years before the application deadline
- Should have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after obtaining a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree
- Should not be a staff member (which includes consultants) or relative of a member of staff of the World Bank Group
- Should be in good health condition
- Should be accepted unconditionally to be admitted in the upcoming academic year in one of JJWBGSP preferred master programs
- Applicants should submit a filled application form by the Application Deadline date
It was noting that applicants are selected based on the following criteria academic excellence, professional experience and significance of program of study. High consideration is given to applicants from the public sector that has a high tendency to aid the development of their country after completing their program.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are done online by filling an application form available in English, Spanish and French. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply
Deadline for application is March 10 2016