The 2016 Holland scholarships for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) is now open for application. This scholarship is for students who intend to pursue a bachelor or master degree program in a Dutch university. A total of €5000 will be awarded to each applicant selected for the award and will be paid in the first year of his/her studies.
The Holland scholarship is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science as well as 48 Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship targets applicants from outside the European Economic Area and will be awarded for bachelors and masters degree studies in Dutch universities.
Applicant must meet the following requirements before applying for this scholarship:
- Applicant must be a citizen of a country outside the European Economic Area.
- Must be applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s programme at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions.
- Must meet the specific requirements of the institution of your choice. You can find these on the website of the institution.
- You have never before studied at an education institution in the Netherlands.
Fields of study
All bachelors and master degree programs in participating Dutch Universities.
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship amounts to € 5,000. You will receive this in the first year of your studies.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Please follow the steps below to ensure a hitch free application:
- Choose a course and or university (of applied sciences) with our Studyfinder
- Check whether the Dutch higher education institution is participating.
Participating research universities
2. Participating universities of applies sciences
- Check the selected fields of studies on de website of the Dutch higher education institution.
- Check whether you meet the application criteria above.
- You can start applying from 1 November 2015.
- The deadline for application is either 1 February 2016 or 1 May 2016. Please check the list to see what deadline you need to follow.
- You need to apply for the Holland Scholarship directly at the institution of your choice and meet their selection criteria.
- If there are any unclarities in the procedure, please contact the institution you are applying to directly.
- After the application deadline, the institution you applied to will contact you to let you know if you have been awarded a scholarship.
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for applications is either 1 February 2016 or 1 May 2016.