The 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarships for international students is now open for application. The Chevening scholarship is a UK government initiative aimed at developing global leaders. The scholarship will offer financial support to study for master’s degree at any top UK universities and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 44,000 Alumni.
Every year, the UK government awards the Chevening scholarships to individuals with strong academic background who have demonstrated leadership potential. Chevening offers two types of awards – Chevening scholarships and Chevening fellowships and recipients will be carefully selected by the British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
- Applicant must be a citizen of a Chevening eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended.
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2016.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 14 July 2016.
Fields of study
All postgraduate programs in UK universities.
What the scholarship covers
The scholarships is fully funded and will covers expenses such as tuition fees, program fees, return economy travel and living expenses.
How to apply
The mode of application is online at the chevening scholarship website here; http://188.8.131.52/chevening/online-application-system . The following supporting documents will be needed during the online application;
- Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK Master’s course choices
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for the Chevening scholarship is November 3rd 2015