The World Bank internship program for the summer semester is now open for application. This internship program is for full time students currently in their masters or PhD programs and returning to school in the fall in the case of the Summer Internship and returning to school in the Spring in the case of the Winter Internship.
Interns will gain exposure to the work of world bank group in the hopes that some will be interested in returning to the bank for a career at the end of their studies.
Applicants who wish to apply for this internship must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must posses must possess an undergraduate degree and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity)
- Applicants must have successful candidates have completed their first year of graduate studies or are already into their PhD programs
Fields of study
The most common fields of study include the following: Economics, Finance, Human Development (Public Health, Education, Nutrition, and Population), Social Sciences (Anthropology, Sociology), Agriculture, Environment, And Private Sector Development.
Is this a paid internship?
Yes, The Bank Group pays an hourly salary to all interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance towards travel expenses. Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations. Most positions are located in Washington, D.C. (some positions are offered in country offices) and are a minimum of four weeks in duration.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. To ensure a hitch-free application, do well to abide by the following rules:
- Use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version.
- You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address
- You must complete your application in a single session and will be able to submit it only if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are mandatory).
- Provide the most current contact information.
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address, since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
- Please attach the following documents (mandatory) before submitting:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree.
Click here to contact the internship provider for more information on how to apply.
The application period for the Summer Internship is December 1–January 31 each year.