ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarships were set up in 2011 by the university to acknowledge and support students doing well in their studies and are ready to start an undergraduate programme at the University of Canterbury.
The number of scholarships to be awarded has not been stated but is set to be for a period of one year. If at any point in time a recipient of the scholarship withdraws from full time undergraduate course, the scholarship will be taken away from the student with a possibility that payments made may be gotten back.
To continue with the scholarship, students must meet the condition of good academic performance and progress as well as abide by the university’s rules and regulations.
The scholarships attract an amount of 3000 US dollars and students can use the money for anything they deem fit and necessary.
- Citizens from any country are eligible for the scholarship provided they have taken entrance qualification such as NCEA in New Zealand or have taken IB or CIE either in New Zealand or abroad.
- Scholarships will be awarded to students who are starting their first year of an undergraduate degree course at university and have also finished an entrance qualification for the university at a new school in New Zealand.
- The scholarships are given only to students whose first year study of an undergraduate course is not more than one calendar year after they have finished their study for an entrance exam to the university
- Students who have received the scholarship have the choice of beginning their studies in either first semester or second semester and should also be admitted for full time study in their first year of an undergraduate course.
- Students who are completing their university entrance requirement through other means are also eligible and will be considered for a scholarship one after the other.
FIELD OF STUDY
The scholarship is available for all undergraduate courses at the University of Canterbury.
HOW TO APPLY
Application for the scholarship is done by having an approved application to enroll which can be done online. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
There is no closing date or deadline considering that students do not apply. There is no scholarship application as all they have to do is apply to enroll at the university and once approved the enrollment application will be accepted as the scholarship application.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students should enroll for first semester by December 10 and July 2 for the second semester.