The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently accepting applications for the 2017 Internship Programme with the 31st of December as the deadline . The UNFPA Internship Program will offer a selected group of inspiring students the unique opportunity to gain real world exposure learning UNFPA operations. This internship program is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of UNFPA work.
Applicants are expected to express huge interest in the field of development; Applicants should also show the ability to adapt changing environments and work with individuals from varied cultural backgrounds. Interns will work under the supervision of a staff member of UNFPA.Note that the background of the interns is matched with the specific needs of the organization.
Qualified candidates for this internship programme will be selected on a very competitive basis. The profiles of the interns are matched with the needs of the organization. The following qualifications are required for consideration:
- Students should be enrolled in an advanced degree programme or have recently graduated;
- Students must have written and spoken proficiency in English; fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic is an asset.
Cost and Value:
- Interns will not receive a salary or any other form of remuneration from UNFPA.
- The costs associated with an intern’s participation in the programme must be assumed either by the nominating institution, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students, or by the students themselves, who will have to meet living expenses as well as make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and other requirements.
- Applicants must have medical insurance for the duration of the internship.
- Applicants will need to submit proof of insurance before the internship begins.
How to apply
To access the complete internship description and apply for this position, please click the link below Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA here
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
December 31, 2016