Scholarships are being offered by the Foundation of the Republic of Austria to intelligent international students who have performed well academically. The scholarships are offered to students who are interested in doing research on their diploma or master thesis or their dissertation at scientific research institutions in Austria such as universities, Austrian Academy of Sciences, National Library and National Archive).
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship was set up in 2005 by the Australian National Council through an act of parliament and is meant for all sections of education and further education. The scholarships are specifically meant for international students who need financial assistance.
The scholarship comes with the following benefits:
Students will receive monthly payment of 940 Euros
Students will receive accident and health insurance
Students will be provided with an accommodation. The cost for this will be between 220-470 Euros per month depending on the type of accommodation the student requests for. The holder of the scholarship will however pay an administration fee of 18 Euros a month to get the accommodation.
Applicants from countries that are not members of the EU, EEA, OECD or EFTA could be granted travel allowance of up to 500 Euros along with the scholarship
- International students expect those from Australia are eligible for the scholarship
- Applicants despite the country they come from should be descendants of forced labourers
- Applicants should be from countries that have suffered extremely from the Nazi regime
- Before accepting the scholarship, applicants should have done some academic or research work in the last six months in Austria
- Applicants who are doctoral students should not be than 40 years old when submitting application
- Other should not be more 35 years old when submitting application
- Applicants should be proficient in English language
FIELD OF STUDY
Scholarships are offered for the following courses: Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts, Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine and Health Sciences
HOW TO APPLY
Application is done online and should include the following
Completed form to include CV and project plan
Recommendation letters from two university lecturers which should include the date and signature of the individual recommending the student as well as stamp of the department or university and should not be older than six months when applying
Confirmation from a supervisor from your chosen institution
A scanned passport
Applicant should provide proof of study outside Austria by producing relevant qualifications like graduation, master and PhD certificate
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
Deadline for application is March 1 2016