The Nigeria LNG Scholarship for Postgraduate students, initiated in October 2012, is an overseas programme targeted at assisting indigenous professionals or entrepreneurs within the oil and gas industry. The post graduate scholarship program is part of NLNG (Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas) Community Development programme which contributes to long-term socio-economic development in its host communities and Nigeria as a Nation.
The Nigeria LNG Limited calls on qualified candidates into the NLNG Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme for entry into Masters Programmes in the United Kingdom (UK) in September 2016. The Scheme is now presently overseeN by British Council in Nigeria.
Potential applicants (who must be citizens of Nigeria) must fulfill the following requirements:
- Not be a child, spouse or ward of staff of NLNG Limited.
- Obtain admission from selected UK institutions to study in any of the listed disciplines: Medicine, Engineering, Law, Information Technology, Management Sciences, Geosciences and Environmental Sciences.
- Rounded up the mandatory National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) scheme.
- Have a minimum of 2nd Class Upper degree
- Be a Nigerian and resident in Nigeria
- Be 30 years of age or below but not above
- Provide Local Government Area identification document(s)
- Authenticate with evidence that they are available to travel in September 2016 if chosen
- Have a valid international passport valid for travel at least one year from September 2016
Scholarships are available in the following five (5) UK Universities listed below in no particular order:
- University of Liverpool
- University of Leeds
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Cranefield
- University of Strathclyde
Field of Study
Courses covered by this scheme, includes:
- Medicine (various specialist areas)
- Engineering (Oil and Gas Engineering, Subsea Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering)
- Law (various specialist areas)
- Geosciences (Geophysics, Geology)
- Information Technology
- Management Sciences (Accountancy, Economics, Banking and Finance)
- Environmental Studies
NOTE: Scholars will NOT be permitted to engage in any form of work or search for part-time jobs during their studies. They will be required to focus on completing their studies during the stipulated duration of time and return home. However, course-related internships are encouraged during the course of study where suitable.
What Scholarship Covers
The number to award is not specified by the awarding institution, but the number of awards allocation varies yearly. The scholarship covers full tuition fees and contributes a stipend on monthly basis to cover living expenses. The scholarship which is for one year masters programme in UK is graded between $60,000 and $69,000 depending on the course.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must correctly fill all the details on the application forms online. Visit the scholarship page and click on Apply here for 2016 PG Scholarship to start. If you are having problems with the online registration form, please note:
- Username must be all CAPS
- Password must contain, CAPITAL LETTER, small letter, num3ric, and any of these(-.,/*).
- All documents requested must be attached.
- It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for necessary information on how to apply.
Click here contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The Application deadline is Sunday, 19th June, 2016.
Successful candidates whose applications are accepted will be called upon for interviews. Only short-listed applicants shall be invited for the selection interview. Consequently, applicants are advised to be on the lookout for the short list on the NLNG website.