Every year, the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) awards scholarships to qualified Niger Deltans who intend to pursue their postgraduate study abroad. The aim of this scholarship is to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the local content program of the Federal Government.
In order to qualify for this award, applicant must meet the following requirements:
- For those wishing to undertake a masters degree, a first Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division, and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Qualified applicant must have gained Admission into a Post Graduate Programme in any of the under-listed disciplines in a foreign University.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas’ universities are NOT eligible to apply.
- Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan:
- Member of National Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA.
- First class traditional ruler.
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall NOT be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service.
- Applicants must have a valid Admission Letter from a Foreign University.
Fields of study
- Medical Sciences (M.sc. Public Health Excluded)
- Computer Science/Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Environmental or Gas/Oil Law
- Project Management
How to apply
The mode of application is online at the commissions official website. Ensure that you make available the following documents as they will be needed during the online application;
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government identification letter.
- Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Overseas University.
- Relevant Degrees from recognized University.
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply
The deadline for scholarship application is Friday, 22nd April, 2016.