The Mandela Rhodes Foundation scholarships targets at producing principled and firm leadership on the African continent by investing in a wide range of educational programmes and, to this end, becoming a leading character in Africa for such endeavors. The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship shall therefore grant opportunity accepted Scholars to study at one of the most esteemed South African university duly registered with the South African Council on Higher Education for an accredited postgraduate degree programme. The Scholarship which is for an Honours or Masters degree will be awarded for one or a maximum of two years.
What Scholarship Covers
The scholarship which covers only Masters Degree will be awarded to entirely cover the cost of a Scholar’s program as indicated below:
- The tuition and registration fees as stated by the Institution.
- Meal and accommodation cost as set by MRF
- Allowances for study materials as set by MRF
- Personal expenses
- Medical allowances as stated by MRF
- Economy class travel allowance for international scholars from the scholar’s home to their institution at the commencement and back home at the conclusion of their degree programme.
Field of Study
Scholars would study any accredited degree program.
For eligibility, the following criteria will be applied in the selection of Mandela Rhodes Scholars:
- Citizens from all African countries can apply.
- Applicants between the ages of 19 and 30 can apply.
- Scholarship is for Honours and Masters degree for postgraduate programs at certified South African University or Tertiary institution.
- All applicants should have an established record of outstanding above average academic results.
- Africans should reflect in their character a potent obligation to the four principles of Education, Leadership, Reconciliation and Entrepreneurship.
Mode of Application
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
Interested applicants should submit their application before 02 May 2016.