The 2016/2017 Malaysian Government Scholarship for international students is now open for application. This scholarship will be given to international students with excellent academic records to study in Malaysian public and private universities. It will cover expenses such as Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia, an approved tuition fees, monthly maintenance allowance, annual grant for books and internal travel, medical / health insurance, installation and termination grant, thesis allowance and visa.
The Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) is awarded by the Malaysian government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. Scholarship will be awarded to talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds to further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities.
- Applicant should not be more than 40 years (Postgraduate) and 45 years (Post-doctoral) of age during application.
- Applicant must have obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral program, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- Applicant must have one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- Must be in excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies.
- Must have applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the Universities in Malaysia).
Fields of study
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship covers the following expenses;
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application is 31st July 2015