The Indian Government through the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) is providing about 900 scholarships for African students to enroll for undergraduate, postgraduate and other higher courses programs at Universities or Institutions in India.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship was set up by the Indian Government to provide academic opportunities for students of African countries in India by making more scholarships available for them to enroll for undergraduate, postgraduate and other higher courses.
The scholarship which is for the period of the study has the following benefits
Stipend for living allowance given monthly
House allowance for rent given monthly
Contingent grant per year
Medical benefits, candidates are expect to have treatment only at medical centers attached to universities or institutes where they enrolled or the nearest government hospital
Undergraduates will be given 5,500, postgraduate 6,000 Ph.D|M.Phill 7,000, Post-doctoral fellow 7,500
In cities considered grade 1, 5000 and other cities 4,500
Applicants interested in the scholarship program should adhere to the following:
- Candidates who will like to study performing arts if possible should include video or audio cassettes of their performances they have recorded
- Candidates applying for doctoral or post-doctoral courses should include a synopsis of the area of research they propose to do
- Candidates should have good knowledge of English
- Applicants should make sure that they have the right visa because if they do not have it and cannot get their admission at the university or institute completed they will be deported back to their home country
- Successful candidates are advised to bring some money with them to take care of any unforeseen expenditure
- Candidates who have been awarded scholarships should bring along with them all the necessary documents for verification
- ICCR will not accept applications sent directly to them by students or those sent to high commissions in New Delhi or local embassies
Countries eligible for the scholarship include Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, South Sudan (Republic of), Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sao Tame & Principe, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia , Zimbabwe Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cape Verde, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Comoros, Congo (Republic of), Djibouti, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea (concurrent from Nairobi), Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Kenya and Libya.
HOW TO APPLY
Completed application form should be typed and sent with other documents through Email in pdf format to the embassy or High Commission of India in your country. A hard copy with 5 photographs should also be sent to to the embassy or High Commission of India. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
Deadline for application is January 15 2016