The 2016 IFC Young Professionals programs is now open for application. This program is designed for current students or recent graduates of MBA or Master’s degree programs with strong financial skills, professional achievement, leadership potential and a demonstrated commitment to development. The three year IFC Young Professionals Program is structured to provide participants with a solid understanding of IFC’s business and strategy, a global network, and regional experience in one of IFC’s industry groups (Financial Institutions Group; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services; and TMT, Venture Capital & Funds). After a series of interviews, applicants who are successful will receive offers directly from industry departments for positions in one of IFC’s offices, regional hubs, or at headquarters.
IFC will be recruiting two levels of investment officers through the Young Professionals Program. The following are the requirements applicants should meet:
- Associate Investment Officer – 3 to 6 years of prior relevant work experience (investment banking, project finance, private equity, corporate finance, portfolio management, or financial consulting)
- Investment Officer – 5 to 8 of prior relevant work experience
- Applicant must be current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar
- Must have experience in international finance, demonstrated leadership and passion for sustainable private sector development
- Must posses strong analytical and credit assessment skills, as well as solid understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends will be an advantage
- Must have sound business judgment and problem solving, negotiation and commercial skills
- Posses the ability to develop new business and effectively focus on client needs
- Enthusiasm for working in multi-cultural teams and across borders, preferably with experience working in developing countries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian) preferred
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility
How to apply
The IFC online application for class of 2016 will open from August 15th through October 5th 2015. Click here to access the IFC Young Professionals Program web page for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for application October 5th 2015