Google is offering high school funding programs for computer science courses in various universities in the United States, Europe, Middle East, Canada, Africa, China, Australia and New Zealand. The program aims to develop computer science teachers and instructors worldwide to meet the needs of today’s modern students.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Computer science for high school is a funding program that is held yearly to improve computer science educational development by providing finance to aid the continuous professional development of computer science teachers and educators all over the world.
The program brings together teachers for a professional development opportunity with the aim of refreshing them about computer science and computational thinking as well as providing materials and networking opportunities to help teachers in the computer science class rooms.
The scholarship comes with some exciting benefits including the following:
Universities in Australia and New Zealand could each get support of about 15,000 dollars
Universities in Canada could get support of about 35,000 dollars
Universities in China could get support of about 12,000 dollars
Universities in the Middle East could get support of about 15,000 dollars. Extra funding is available for projects with regional reach and can make an impact nationally.
Universities in Europe could get support of about 15,000 dollars. Extra funding is available for projects with regional reach and can make an impact nationally.
Universities in the United States could get support of about 35,000 dollars. At least 10 percent of the funding should be given to year round communities of practice work.
Interested applicants should have the following requirements to be eligible for the program
- Applicants should be associated with a technical college, university or an official non-profit organization
- Applicant’s professional development opportunity should have a plan for year round communities of practice work that supports the advancement of computer science.
- Applicant’s project should relevant computer science content and that will aid students understand computer science or develop high school teachers.
- Project should be in form of an online course, a training teacher workshop or teacher and student training workshops or a teacher resource project.
- Previous applicants can apply again provided they have a new angle to offer based on their former project or have created a new computer science project.
- Educational institutions in eligible regions will partake in the program
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, applicants will need to complete the application form with information about their projects. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply
Application deadline for all regions is between January to March with each region having specific dates for submission.