The Getty Internship Graduate Program is now open for application. This internship program targets student who intend to pursue careers in fields related to visual arts. Training and work experience placements are available in areas such as curatorial, education, conservation, research, publications, information management, public programs, and grantmaking. Selected applicants will intern at the Getty center in Los Angeles or the Getty Villa in Malibu.
In order to apply for this internship program, applicants must meet the following requirements;
- Internships are open to students of all nationalities.
- Students must be currently enrolled in a graduate program leading to an advanced degree in a field relevant to the internship(s) for which they are applying.
- Applicant must have completed a relevant graduate degree on or after 1, 2013, with postgraduate activities in their field, paid or unpaid.
Grant amounts are $17,400 for eight months and $26,000 for twelve months. Support for research travel is available for up to $2,500. Graduate Interns are eligible to enroll in the Getty’s health care plan. The grant includes $1,000 towards relocation expenses but housing is not provided. Please note that grant funds may be subject to federal and state taxes and deductions. All positions are full-time beginning September 12, 2016. Most internships are for eight months, ending May 19, 2017. Conservation internships are twelve months, ending September 8, 2017.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Applicants must complete and submit the online Graduate Internship application form with the following supporting documents;
- Supplemental application form.
- Personal Statement.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letters of Recommendation.
Click here to contact the internship provider for more information on how to apply.
A complete application with all supporting documents must be submitted by 5:00p.m. Pacific Standard Time on December 1, 2015