Loughborough University in the United Kingdom every year offers students from Africa the Graduate School Development Trust scholarships. The scholarships are offered to students who enroll for master courses.
For students who wish to apply for the scholarship in 2016, the procedure will be an open competition. Students interested in the scholarship can only apply after an offer for admission has been made.
Students who already have an offer of admission either conditionally or unconditionally for a postgraduate course can apply for the scholarship by using the application form that will be provided to them.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
At the end of every year, Loughborough University in the United Kingdom reveals its intentions to offer full-fee scholarships to students who presently are living and staying in Africa. The scholarship offered is for international full time master courses.
The scholarship takes care of the course fees of master courses chosen by the students for a year. This will replace any departmental or the university’s scholarships or bursaries a student may have been awarded.
The university has a limited number of scholarships to be awarded to students. While the scholarship will take care of the course fees, students are expected to be responsible for financing their travel and maintenance expenses through other means.
A panel will be set up by the university to properly screen all interested applicantsto ensure they are qualified for the program. Interested applicants applying for the scholarship should have the following requirements:
- Applicants must have proof of excellent academic performance usually in the form of a first class honours degree.
- Applicants should be living in Africa permanently
- Applicants should be ready to go back to their home country after completing their program
- Applicants should show proof that they will be able to contribute immensely to their home country when they return
- Applicants should be fully aware of the expenses needed to live and study in the United Kingdom as well as showing proof of how they will get the remaining funds to the take of the remaining costs of their program.
FIELDS OF STUDY
The scholarships are for all master courses offered at Loughborough University
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants can put in their applications by visiting the scholarship web page for details. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for application should be around April 30th 2016. Applicants will be informed about the outcome of their applications through email latest by the end of May.