The French embassy in South Africa is receiving applications for its 2016|2017 Master scholarship programs. The scholarship comprises of SAFeThink scholarship program for humanities as well as the French Embassy Master scholarship for other areas of study.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship was established in 2010 based on the agreement between France and South Africa to create cordial partnerships between their universities as well as building a large network of professional and academic contacts.
Every year around 20 scholarships are awarded to successful applicants and the duration of the scholarship is for one French academic year which can be renewed once.The program has all French higher education institution participating in it. The scholarship comes with some benefits including tuition fees, fees for the Schengen visa, a small allowance will be given every month to assist with monthly expenses, air ticket and health insurance.
FIELD OF STUDY
For the French Embassy SafeThink scholarship program, the following courses are available for study. They include: Master’s degree in political or social sciences (international relations, public affairs,) security studies, conflict studies, human rights/ humanitarian law, development studies and more. Also to be considered is PhD level joint research projects on any approved topics or fields.
For the French Embassy master scholarship program, the following courses are available for study. Masters degree in all fields of study except humanities,( engineering, economics / finance, IT, architecture/design, management, sports, biology )and more.
To be able to participate in the program and be awarded a scholarship, applicants or candidates should try and fulfill and meet the following requirements. They include:
- Citizens of South Africa as well as graduates from several South African universities are eligible to take part in the program
- Applicants should at least hold a Bachelor degree
- Considering the fact that a lot more master programs are taught in English, a bit of knowledge of French is needed but not required
- For research programs, PhD students and researchers are allowed to do a combined research project in France
- Applicants are selected based on the following criteria: past experience, career goals, motivation and academic merit
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are done online on the official website. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply
Deadline for application is March 21 2016