The 2016 Czech Government Scholarship for students from developing countries is now open for application. This scholarship will be awarded to students who intend to enroll for a Bachelor/ Master/ Doctoral studies/Language and preparatory studies at public universities in the Czech Republic. The scholarship will be awarded in the fields of Economics, Agricultural Science, Informatics, Environment and Energetics.
Czech Republic Government is offering scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic. This scholarship will cover expenses such as tuition, living expenses etc.
- The scholarships are intended solely to promote the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third countries in need. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a member state of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permit to permanent residence on the territory of the Czech Republic may therefore be granted this type of scholarship. Furthermore, the scholarships may not be granted to persons under 18 years of age. (The applicants have to turn 18 as of 1 September of the year when they commence studies in the Czech Republic at the latest.)
- In Bachelor/ Master/ Doctoral Study Programmes plus one-year Preparatory Course of the English language (Which is combined with other field-specific training): Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from upper secondary schools, or Bachelor’s / Master’s degree courses, as applicable, Who can Enroll only in Study Programmes in which instruction is given in the English language. Depending on the subject area, Applicants are normally required to sit entrance Examinations at the higher education institution Concerned. Successful passing of Entrance examination constitutes a precondition for the scholarship award;
- In follow-up study Programmes Master or Doctoral Study Programmes: Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master Study Programmes, respectively, Enroll in the WHO study Programmes with instruction in the English language.
Fields of study
The scholarship will be awarded in the fields of Economics, Agricultural Science, Informatics, Environment and Energetics.
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship covers expenses such as tuition and living expenses.
- For Bachelor’s, Master’s or follow-up Master’s study programme, a total of CZK 14,000 will be awarded per month.
- For Doctoral students, a total of CZK 15,000 will be awarded per month.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. All applicants shall fill in the electronic application form available on the website stated in Chapter 2 and successfully register (i.e., obtain an application identification number upon sending a completed application form to the pertinent authority electronically). The applicant shall send the completed application form to the Mission in electronic form, i.e., by completing online registration. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply
The deadline for scholarship application is 30th September 2015