The 2016 Australian Government Endeavor Scholarship is now open for application. The scholarship which is awarded by the Australian government will cover expenses such as travel allowance, establishment allowance, monthly stipend, tuition fees etc.
Every year, the Australian government awards lots of Endeavor scholarships and fellowships to students around the world to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia and for Australians to do the same overseas. The aim of the scholarship is to build Australia’s reputation for excellence in the provision of education and research support the internationalisation of the Australian higher education and research sectors and offer high achieving individuals from overseas and Australia opportunities to increase their productivity and expertise in their field.
Eligible applicants must;
- Not be less than 18 years at the commencement of their program.
- Be a citizen and/or permanent resident of a participating country (section 8)
- Commence their proposed program after 1 January 2016 and no later than 30 November 2016. Applicants who have already commenced or will commence their intended program prior to 2016 are not eligible to apply.
- Provide all relevant supporting documentation (section 9)
- Not currently hold or have completed, after 1 January 2014, an Australian Government sponsored scholarship and/or fellowship (directly administered to recipients by the Australian Government).
- Not apply for a category in which they have already completed an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship.
Fields of study
All masters and PhD programs in any Australian University
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship will cover expenses such as travel allowance, establishment allowance, monthly stipend, tuition fees as follows;
- Establishment allowance of $2,000 for Fellowships or $4,000 for Scholarships
- Travel allowance of $3,000 (Provision to pay up to $4,500 under special circumstances)
- Monthly stipend of $3,000 paid up to the maximum programme duration on a pro-rata basis
- Health insurance for the full programme duration (OSHC for non-Australians)
- Travel insurance (excluding during programme for non-Australians)
- Endeavour Scholarship recipients will also receive tuition fees paid up to ?$15,000 per semester and total value Up to $272,500 (PhD) and $140,500 (Masters).
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Applicants must submit their application using the Endeavour Online Application system. Applicants are encouraged to commence their applications early and submit their application as early as possible during the application period due to the large volume of users on the system in the lead up to the closing date. Submitting early ensures that you will not have any last minute technical problems due to the large number of applications being submitted. The Endeavour Online application system will not allow you to submit your application unless you have filled in all the required components. Once you have completed your application through Endeavour Online, a submit button will appear. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
By the end of December 2015, the department will email all successful and unsuccessful applicants regarding the outcome of their application. Please note that due to high volume of application received, the department does not provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
The deadline for scholarship application is 30th June 2015. Applicant should ensure that they send in their application and all supporting documents before the application deadline. Any application received after the deadline will not be considered