The 2015/2016 Gates Cambridge Scholarship is now open for application. This scholarship is awarded by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Scholarship will cover expenses like tuition fees, Living expenses and one single airfare at both beginning and end of program.
The Gates Cambridge scholarship was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge. Scholarship will be awarded to applicants who show outstanding intellectual ability, leadership potential, a commitment to improving the lives of others, a good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate programme at Cambridge for which they are applying.
- A citizen of any country outside the United.
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- PhD (three year research-only degree)
- MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree)
- One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.).
Fields of study
Scholarship will be awarded for Masters and PhD programs at Cambridge University.
What the scholarship covers
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship will cover expenses like tuition fees, Living expenses and one single airfare at both beginning and end of program.
How to apply
Contact the scholarship provider here for detailed information on how to apply
Applications for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship for October 2016 entry will open on 1 September 2015. The deadlines are as follows:
- Round 1 (US citizens based in the USA) – 14 October 2015
- Round 2 (all other eligible candidates) – 2 December 2015