The 2015/2016 Chevening Scholarships for postgraduate study in the UK is now out for application. Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The programme makes awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study postgraduate courses at universities in the UK. The scholarship will cover tuition fees, economy travel to and from home country, monthly personal living allowance etc. The deadline for scholarship application is 15th November 2014.
The Chevening programme was established in 1983 and has developed into a prestigious international scheme. Chevening Scholars come from more than 150 countries and territories worldwide (excluding the USA and the EU), and this year the Scholarships will support more than 1500 individuals. There are over 43,000 Chevening alumni around the world who together comprise an influential and highly regarded global network. The programme provides full or part funding for full-time courses at postgraduate level, normally a one-year Master’s degree, in any subject and at any UK university.
Applicants should meet the following requirements before applying for this this scholarship;
- Meet the academic requirements for their chosen course(s) of stud
- Have a good standard of written and spoken English, and meet the Chevening Scholarships language requirements as well as the language requirements of their chosen course(s) of study
- Be a citizen of a Chevening country
- Have a minimum of two years’ work experience
- Not be employees, relatives of employees, or former employees (who left within the past two years) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies and High Commissions), a partner (sponsor), a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Not have previously studied in the UK under a UK Government-funded scholarship
- Not have dual British nationality (unless you are a Citizen of a British Overseas Territory)
Fields of study/research
Scholarship will be provided for scholars to pursue any full time postgraduate program offered in a UK university.
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship will cover the following expenses:
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only
- Payment of tuition fees (up to a limit – check individual country pages on the Chevening website for details of fee caps)
- The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only
- A grant for the cost of preparation of a thesis or dissertation (if required)
- An excess baggage allowance
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. These rates are subject to annual review
- A study travel grant
- A travel top up allowance
How to apply
The mode of application is online via e-chevening online application system. Please note that applications for 2015/16 Scholarships will open on 1st August 2014. Contact the scholarship provider here for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application is 15th November 2014