The World Bank Group is currently recruiting talented young professionals of sub-saharan Africa into it’s workforce. This initiative to higher Sub Saharan Africans reflects the Bank Group’s senior leadership commitment for a diverse workforce in which African nationals can play a key role in fighting poverty and increasing shared prosperity. Selected applicants will be interviewed in September and October 2015 in Washington, D.C. and locations in Africa and Europe.
Employment opportunities will be in various technical areas and professional streams for talented and diverse young professionals and mid-career level professionals to contribute and grow their skills in a career in international development.
The World Bank Group will recruit for the following positions;
- Micro-Fiscal Management
- Social Protection
- Social Urban, Rural and Resilience
- Finance/Risk Management
- Climate Change
- Transport and ICT
- Trade and Competitiveness
- Development Economics – Economists
- Information Technologies
- Development Economics –statisticians
- Leadership, Learning and Innovation
- Health, Nutrition and Population
- Finance and Markets
- Energy and Extractives
- Investment (IFC)
- Development Economics – Private Sector Development
- A qualification for the entry level is a Master’s degree plus 5 years of relevant professional experience. For mid-career professionals, the requirements are a Master’s degree plus 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- Ideal candidates for these positions must have a demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking, the ability to conduct dialogue on relevant development policies and priorities, and be fluent in English with very good writing and communication skills.
How to apply
Please click the areas listed below to submit your application;
Click here to contact the World Bank Group Africa recruitment for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for submission of application is 31st August 2015