Each year, a total of 240 SINGA awards are given out to international students to pursue PhD studies in the fields of science and engineering. The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination. The scholarship covers a full support for tuition fees for 4 years of PhD studies, one-time SGD 1,000 Settling-in Allowance and one-time Airfare Grant of SGD 1,500. The deadline for scholarship application is June 1st 2014.
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
- Graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Open to all international students
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
Fields of study/research
- Biomedical Sciences
- Engineering and Physical and Mathematical Sciences. Note that applicants can pursue a PhD degree in any field of study for which they can demonstrate interest and capability. The PhD projects under SINGA are research based, not clinically based.
What the scholarship covers
The SINGA Award covers the following:
- Attractive monthly stipend over 4 years of PhD studies, which can support you comfortably. The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination.
- Full support for tuition fees for 4 years of PhD studies.
- One-time SGD 1,000 Settling-in Allowance
- One-time Airfare Grant of SGD 1,500
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Please note that soft copies of the following documents will be required during the online application:
- Identity card or Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo in JPEG/PNG format
- University Academic Transcripts (in English translation)
- Degree Scrolls (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree scroll has not yet been conferred.
Not compulsory but good to include (if available):
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results
- Please note that you are NOT required to mail the hard copies of the abovementioned documents to the SINGA Office.
- Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it is submitted. Click for more information on how to apply.
Scholarship application deadline
The deadline for scholarship application is June 1st 2014.