The 2015 NNPC Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN) scholarship is now open for application. This scholarship targets qualified students who are currently admitted in Nigerian Universities irrespective of state of origin including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Since 1998, Mobil has awarded over 500 undergraduate scholarships to outstanding Nigerian students with good academic record. About 62 per cent of the total NNPC/MPN Undergraduate scholarship awards are allocated to students who are indigenes of the operational communities/ States – Akwa Ibom (50%) and Rivers States (12%). There is also a merit award (10%) to the best 50 candidates in the selection tests. The remaining places go to students from other states including the Federal Capital territory (FCT), based on merit and fair geographical spread. The current scholarship awards are for disciplines in Engineering (Petroleum, Chemical Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics and Civil,) Geology/Geophysics, Medicine, Agricultural Science (and related fields) as well as Computer Science.
In order to apply for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduates in their FIRST YEAR (100 LEVEL) or SECOND YEAR (200 LEVEL) in Nigerian universities.
- Applicants must be holders of the SSCE or its Equivalent with at least six subjects passed at a sitting.
- Students who are currently on similar scholarship awards from other oil and gas companies should not apply.
- Dependants of employees of Mobil Producing Nigeria, Mobil Oil Nigeria Plc and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited are not eligible for this scholarship.
Fields of study
2. Chemical Engineering
3. Mechanical Engineering
4. Electrical/Electronics Engineering
5. Civil Engineering
7. Medicine (MBBS Only)
8. Agricultural Science (And related fields)
9. Computer Science
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Before you apply, ensure that you have the following documents ready as they will be needed during the online application process:
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- Current University ID card
- Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- O’ Level result
- JAMB Result
- SSCE result or its equivalent
- Evidence of State of origin obtained from the appropriate Local Government Area and duly signed by the Chairman or Secretary
Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload. Also attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application is December 1st 2015