The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) is offering international students scholarships to pursue graduate courses at Japanese universities. Scholarship will cover expenses such as living allowance, transportation to Japan and tuition fees.
The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) will offer scholarships to international students who wish to study in graduate courses at Japanese universities either as (non-degree) student or regular student for a degree under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program for 2015 academic year.
- Applicants must have been born on or after April 2, 1980.
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country which has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government.
- Applicants must be a graduate from a Japanese university or have academic ability equal or superior to that of a Japanese university graduate.
- Applicants must be willing to learn the Japanese language, interested in Japan and enthusiastic about deepening their understanding of Japan after arriving, and capable of engaging in study and research while adapting themselves to life in Japan.
- Applicants must be physically and mentally healthy enough to take graduate studies at universities in Japan.
Fields of study
Applicants must endeavor to apply for the field of study they majored in at university or its related field. And fields of study must be subjects which applicants will be able to study and research in graduate courses at Japanese universities.
What the scholarship covers
The Japanese Government Scholarship will covers expenses such as tuition fees, monthly allowance and transportation to Japan.
How to apply
Applicants are advised to check the Japanese embassy website of their country for a country specific details and mode of application. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
Application deadline differs from country to country. Applicants are advised to contact the Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country.