The 2015 DAAD Master’s scholarship for Public Policy and good governance is now open for application. This scholarship targets future leaders from Africa, Latin-America, South-Asia, Southeast-Asia and the Middle-East who want to promote democracy and social justice in their home countries. The DAAD scholarship will cover tuition fees and a monthly scholarship rate of €750.
The DAAD program “Public Policy and Good Governance” (PPGG) has been supporting future leaders from Africa, Latin-America, South-Asia, Southeast-Asia and the Middle-East, who choose to promote social justice and democracy in their home countries. The program will educate highly qualified graduates with a first academic degree in political science, law, economics and administration and prepare them for future leading positions in their home countries.
- Applicant must come from Africa, Latin-America, South-Asia, Southeast-Asia and the Middle-East.
- Applicant must have obtained his/her university degree during the six years before the scholarship application.
- Applicant who has been in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of application will not be considered.
- Applicant must be a well qualified graduate with a first university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) who in the future want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries.
- Both young graduates without professional experience and mid-career professionals are eligible to apply.
Fields of study
Scholarships are awarded for selected Master courses at German institutions of higher education listed below:
- Hertie School of Governance, Berlin: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- University of Duisburg-Essen: MA Development and Governance
- Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Leuphana University of Lüneburg: Public Economics, Law and Politics (PELP)
- Hochschule Osnabrück: Management in Non-Profit Organisations
- University of Osnabrück: Master of Democratic Governance and Civil Society
- University of Passau: Master of Governance and Public Policy
- University of Potsdam: Master of Public Management (MPM)
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship will cover the following expenses;
- Tuition fees
- A monthly scholarship rate of €750
- Contributions to health insurance in Germany
- Travel allowance and a study and research subsidy
- Rent subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable
How to apply
Applicants should submit their applications for the selected Master courses and for the DAAD scholarship to the respective universities only (not to DAAD). Fill in the DAAD application form by indicating your desired priority of study courses. The application period at all 8 universities is from 1 June – 31 July 2015. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application is 31st July 2015