The University of Loughborough is awarding full tuition fees scholarships to African students who wish to pursue their postgraduate study in University of Loughborough. The deadline for scholarship application is 30th April 2014.
Loughborough University is delighted to announce full-fee scholarships for international full-time taught postgraduate students who are currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa.These will be known as the Loughborough University Graduate School Development Trust Africa Scholarships. The scholarships will cover 100% of the course fees for your chosen postgraduate taught course for one year (replacing any Departmental or Loughborough University scholarships or bursaries you may already have been awarded). The scholarships are being funded through a combination of generous external funding and University funds. The University will award a limited number of scholarships and the standards required are very high.
- Currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa
- Evidence of exceptional academic achievement (normally a 1st Class Honours Degree)
- Commitment to return to their home country on completion of postgraduate programme
- Evidence of the ability and commitment to making a significant contribution to their home country on their return
- Full understanding of the costs involved in coming to study and live in the UK
- Evidence of strong motivation and initiative to secure funds to cover the remainder of the costs involved
Fields of study
Scholarship is provided to pursue any postgraduate taught course in University of Loughborough, UK
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship will cover 100% of the course fees. Students will be expected to fund their travel and maintenance costs through other sources.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Visit the scholarship webpage and download the Africa scholarship- Application form(MS Word) and return by post, fax or e-mail to the international office. Click here for more information on how to apply.
Scholarship application deadline
The deadline for scholarship application is 30th April 2014.