The 2014/2015 NDDC Postgraduate scholarship scheme is now open for application. This scholarship is given out to Niger Delta students in Nigeria who hope to pursue their postgraduate program in the fields of Engineering, Medicine, Computer Science/Technology, Geology, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences and Agriculture. The deadline for scholarship application is 28th February, 2014.
As part of our Human Resource Development initiative, NDDC is embarking on Foreign Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the local content programme of the current administration as well as compete globally in various professional fields. The Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines: Engineering, Medicine, Computer Science/Technology, Geology, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences and Agriculture.
- First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Applicants must have gained Admission into a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines in a foreign University.
- Applicants who have not already enrolled in overseas’ universities are not eligible to apply.
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service.
- Bond of good conduct from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
a. Member of National Assembly
b. Chairman of the LGA.
c. First class traditional ruler.
d. High Court Judge.
Fields of study
Scholarship is provided to pursue postgraduate study in the fields of Engineering, Medicine, Computer Science/Technology, Geology, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences and Agriculture.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Please make the following documents available as you will need to upload them during the online application process:
- Recent passport photograph.
- Local Government identification letter.
- Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Oversea Universities.
- Relevant degrees from recognized Universities.
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
Clickfor more information on how to apply.
Scholarship application deadline
The deadline for scholarship application is 28th February, 2014
NOTE: If you are having challenge getting admission abroad in order to apply for this scholarship, we can assist you with the admission process. Kindly email us @ [email protected] and we will be glad to assist.